Today was wonderful! It was a beautiful day out, sunny 68 degrees and no wind. Layton and I took a walk and it was nice to be out of the house in the fresh air. The rest of the day we cleaned out clothes closets putting away maternity clothes, sorting out others for Saks on Broadway (Several empty hangers now need to be filled.....), procrastinated writing thank yous (after the flu last week it is hard to motivate), checked email, updated our blog, and played (on the tummy turtle, reading, shaking rattles, kicking, giggling, the normal 5 week old play). It was a busy maternity leave Monday, only one more to go before I start back to work.
I am gearing up to go back to work, excited, hestitant, and anxious as I love Layton and my job. Finding the balance of family and work will be the next career challenge to face. We have a wonderful sitter lined up, Layton will be with her and her almost 2 year old, we went over there last week to visit and all should go well. The team I work for is very family oriented.
This past weekend Evan's Uncle Larry and Aunt Patty visited from Greeley and we sold the rest of Grandma's household stuff at a neighboring auction. It was hard work to get everything boxed up, loaded and delivered, thank goodness for family and 3 high schoolers. The auction went well and Evan came home with some new farm machinery.
This weekend my best friend from college Jenny is coming for a visit. She is the last round of 3 weeks of visitors. It has been so nice to see our very best friends (Darin and Megan came for the shower two weekends ago) in the past month since Layton was born.
McKenna Teen Summary: 17.25 Years Old
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment