**Written 8/5, posted 8/20
Happy Birthday tomorrow Mom. I love you, miss you, and long to talk to you each day. To just hear your voice one more time or tell you about the craziness of the kids. So much as changed in 5 months since you went home yet so much as stayed the same.
The kids did so well last week showing their bucket calves, I was so stressed and worried; then they surpassed what I ever thought they could. Dad laughed about how tightly wound I was. Julia had to pee half way through trying to get out of talking to the judge, she told him her name was "little girl" she must not have liked him much. As she came out of the show ring, she dropped Lily's lead rope, ran to Papa and jumped into his arms saying "I did it papa, I did it". My heart was bursting with pride, I never knew how much I could love my kids. Layton did so well, he was perfect, he will be my little showman who will get overlooked for the cute little girls.
Evan and Layton has been sick. True to form, Evan's isn't just something easy to find...Doc thinks it might be west nile, she ran blood tests, ua, and chest xray. He is on the mend, fingers crossed his platlets stay normal.
Lincoln turned 6 months old today. He had his first vegetables, peas, from the garden. He really liked them...he was cranky today, must have another tooth coming. He loves his siblings to pieces, lights up to watch them play, loves to giggle and play peek a boo and his johnny jumper. He especially likes Julia to build blocks near his jumper to sneak over and knock them down.
Layton stayed at the farm with grandma to help make salsa. We enrolled him in kindergarten today. My little boy will be in school ALL DAY starting in 13 days..I'm not ready, excited for him though. He has buddies in class, it will be an experience for his teacher. Friday night he said "so you later" to his best buddy Colton. They are moving back to Oklahoma for his Mom to go to nursing school. I admire her for taking the steps, but will miss them to pieces. My heart broke when Layton said "colton, I will miss you so much" he loves and cares so deeply for others and is such an intense little guy.
Next week we head up there for fair, taking the calves. it will be an experience, most things are with the kids. Bec will be there to help with Lincoln. Dad even remembered to buy arm bands for the carnival!
Election was today, the next few hours will tell Dad's immediate future. If he wins, he might hang up the route bus keys, that has been a long time coming...I'm waiting to hear something like an expectant parent.
As I sit hear crying thinking back to all the birthdays we celebrated or didn't do much for. The most memorable has to be your 50th we had cake during fair cleanup...I also went and forgot about Linda's yesterday...she will hopefully forgive me..
Love you and miss you. Please keep watch over us as we heal everyday forever.
McKenna Teen Summary: 17.25 Years Old
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment